When a website, app or extension wants to send information, Chrome usually sends alerts to users. Enabling and disabling these notifications is quite simple, whether by computer or mobile.
While useful, these warnings or requests can become an inconvenience if they are too frequent. It is worth noting that iPhones and iPads do not have a notification feature. browser.
Check out our walkthrough below to no longer receive notifications in your browser from Google.
How to turn Chrome notifications on and off on Android
On Android, there is the option to disable notifications for all sites or just for a specific one. You can also choose whether to stop browser alerts, downloads, incognito, and media.
1. Open Google Chrome as usual,
2. Tap on the three dots icon in the upper right corner of the browser;
3. then go to settings;
4. In the menu that appears, choose Notifications;
5. Note that several options are listed that send alerts, such as browser, incognito, downloads and media. If you only want to disable one or a few of these items, uncheck the box beside;
6. If you want to cancel notifications for all these items, turn off the switch next to Show notifications;
7. Below are the sites that are allowed to send notifications to your cell phone. Once again, it is possible to authorize each one individually, checking and unchecking the boxes on the side;
8. If you prefer to unsubscribe from alerts for all sites, just disable the key next to the option Show notifications, inside the section Sites;
9. If you don’t want to receive notifications from websites, browsers, downloads, incognito or media, please disable them all at once by disabling the switch at the top of the page, next to Show notifications.
How to turn Chrome notifications on and off on your PC
In the case of Chrome on PC, you can only turn website notifications on and off, as shown below.
1. Open Google Chrome as you normally do;
2. Click on the three dots icon in the upper right corner of the screen. In the menu that opens, go to settings;
3. Scroll the settings page to the bottom and click Advanced;
4. then go to Site Settings;
5. Now click on Notifications;
6. A list of authorized and blocked websites will be displayed. If you want to include a page in one of the two categories, just click on the button To add;
7. In the box that opens, enter the address of the website you want to block or allow notifications to be sent;
8. If you want to disable notifications sent by all sites at once, disable the switch at the top of the page, next to the option Ask before submitting (Recommended).
How to block or allow pop-ups no Chrome
According to Google, by default Chrome disables pop-ups automatically. Also according to the company, if you continue viewing them, it is possible that your device is infected by some malware.
Some sites, however, open service pages or forms in the form of pop-up. If you want to view the content, just click on a window icon with an X in front, located on the right side of the navigation bar.
How to know if a website is secure
Chrome counts symbols that seek to assist users in identifying a site that is safe or not. Drawings are displayed on the left side of the address bar.
If there is a lock, the page is secure, that is, data sent and received is private. Still, the company recommends caution when sharing private information and that the user always check that the address corresponds to the website he wants to access.
Letter i circled means Information or Unsafe. The image alerts you that the page is not using a particular connection and therefore the exchanged data can be viewed by third parties.
A tip is to change the beginning of the address of http:// in order to https:// and thus use a secure connection. The feature, however, is not available on all sites.
Finally, the red exclamation point in a triangle indicates that the site is unsafe or dangerous. In the first case, Google’s suggestion is that the user follows with caution. In the second, the recommended thing is not to actually access it, as your information may be at risk.
If you use several of the company’s services, you’ll want to find out everything Google knows about you.